FONEMED was formed in 1996 and today it provides clinical services such as biometric monitoring, nursing triage, occupational exposure, and chronic disease management to a diverse group of clients throughout Canada, the United States, and the Caribbean. We have also developed an industry leading and world class population health management software program. Some of these include university health services and technology solutions that support our own operations as well as other large organizations throughout the globe. We are a growing team of over 150 highly qualified registered nurses, physicians, business, customer service, and IT Professionals who strive to deliver the best customer service to our clients every day. Here in Newfoundland and Labrador we are the official triage provider for the Newfoundland and Labrador Health Line.
Contact Center Manager
Why Work With Us?
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource – our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work remotely in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including company paid health, dental, and vision benefits, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program – plus one of the best work environments you will find! This is a salaried position commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About the Position
We are a health care call center that provides outstanding service to clients in Canada and the United States. We are primarily an inbound call center with a small amount of outbound calls. The face of our company is our Health Service Specialists (Customer Service Representatives) who have the very first interaction with almost all of our clients. Our Health Services Specialists are located across 3 centers in Newfoundland and Labrador- Corner Brook, St. Anthony, and St. John’s as well as remote work from home. This position can be based out of either one of our 3 centers.
As our Call Center Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations and performance of our call centers and Health Service Specialists. This role balances people and client management with a focus on employee engagement and development to help exceed client expectations. You will manage the quality of service delivered to ensure the company satisfies client requirements, call and work flows, reporting, performance metrics, performance feedback, service improvements and cost containment. You will work collaboratively with human resources and other members of the senior management team.
Who We Are Looking For
You are a results-focused and people-oriented person who takes initiative and prioritizes your work to meet deadlines. You pride yourself on your conflict resolution skills and your analytical abilities. You easily motivate people with your inspiring nature and strong coaching ability and can pass these qualities onto others who report to you. Ideally, you possess the following desired skills and qualifications:
About the Position
- Provide oversight for all Health Service Specialists and directly manage a team of Quality Assurance Team Leaders.
- Set goals and objectives for the Quality Assurance Program and ensure teams are meeting their goals and are following up to correct any issues identified
- Review and monitor daily, weekly and monthly employee and call center stats, develop plans to rectify the problems and provide feedback for continual process improvement
- Report on call centre and employee stats on a monthly basis, or more frequently if needed
- Ensure all process documentation is updated regularly with any changes
- In coordination with human resources, determine employee job standards and performance expectations
- Make recommendations for continuous improvements in program and process performance
- Fosters a team environment and provides leadership, direction, and support to call center staff
- Train, motivate and coach call center staff
- Provides feedback and recognition for top performers and develops performance improvement plans for staff that need further development
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure that policies and procedures are consistently and fairly applied
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure consistency in call evaluations and that quality objectives are achieved
- Auditing complex calls or calls that are escalated due to complaints
- Help to manage Call Center budget and understand the impact of decisions and actions based on the overall company financial performance
- Ensure that all Monitoring and Coaching is done monthly in accordance with policies and procures and QA Program objectives
- Responsible for daily review of efficiency and staff productivity and address any issues immediately
- Holds overall responsibility for the daily operations of our HSS staff and call centers to ensure that all team members are productive, call flows are operating efficiently, and staffing levels are in line with call volume needs
- Manage and complete Performance Review cycle and delivery for all HSS team members and QA Team Leaders
- Analyze call volume/FTE allocation and business trends to provide recommendations on cost efficient staff planning
- Work on special projects, as requested
Who We Are Looking For
- College degree/diploma in a relatable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a leadership role within a call center
- Experience designing incentives, establishing performance goals and managing call center
productivity according to metrics and revenue targets
- Experience managing large teams and employee performance
- Ability to manage daily call center operations and handle client escalations
- Results-focused and supportive leadership style
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Strong multitasking, prioritization, conflict resolution, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong open communication and listening skills
- Excellent technology skills, highly proficient with excel and word and ability to work with multiple
- Ability to travel to other centers on a quarterly basis or when needed.
Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week with the ability and flexibility to work additional hours or modify regular working hours if business need arises. General office hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with the requirement to work one evening shift, one night shift, and one daytime weekend shift per month. These shifts are part of the 40 hours per week.
- Flexibility to work hours as instructed by business needs and ability to monitor and answer emails outside of office hours as needed